Upcoming Events / Activities / Save the Dates
HAPPENING NOW: Worship returns INDOORS for the first time this spring on Sunday, June 7, at 10:30 a.m.
Due to the encroachment of the COVID-19 pandemic, all activities have been suspended since March 15th….. We’ve left the listings in below, as typical of our events and observances over time.
We will be in the Lenten Season, for sure: so please save these dates and join us —
- Friday, March 20 Community Lunch. Drop by for home cookin’ and share lunch with friends and neighbors any time between 11:30 and 1:30. As always, pay-what-you-wish.
- Sunday, April 5 is Palm/Passion Sunday, ushering in Holy Week; join us for worship at 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 9 is our annual Maundy Thursday service. Potluck meal, as we commemorate the last supper Jesus shared with his friends and the institution of communion with a common cup sacrament. Look for an UPDATE, as we will be sharing this service with our friends at the Bath Congregational Church – tba
- Friday, April 10, Good Friday service is also shared with a wider region. Look for more information to come.
- And, of course, Easter Sunday will be here on April 12th, with Sonrise Service at our Landaff Church and Easter worship at 10:30 in Lisbon.
Our Community Lunches will continue – look for more date announcements soon, and plan on joining us. Pay-what-you-will for home cooking, bring a friend to lunch – or meet some new friends.
Community use of the church continues:
We continue to be an occasional destination for the Lisbon Area Historical Society meetings/programs; as well as Friends in Council, Lisbon Main Street, Stumpjumpers Club and more.
Lisbon Main Street, Inc. Summer Concert series will again be held on our spacious grounds – look for their coming summer schedule of FREE concerts on most alternate Thursdays in July and August….
In 2017, we were glad to be host location for the 15th Annual Arts Festival in Lisbon, an event of the folks at the Lisbon Arts Gallery. There was an art show on the first floor; and quilts of every description made a feast for the eyes upstairs in the sanctuary.
The Lisbon Main Street program’s summer concert series was a great success – and brought many fine musicians to town for concerts both on the lawn and (due to rain) in the Sanctuary.